We are always on the lookout for talented people to help us move forward and provide an even higher level of service to our customers.
Location: Emporia - Department: Repair
What You’ll Do
We are looking for experienced diesel mechanics to provide quality service and all other repairs to customers’ trucks, with safety and customer satisfaction as the number one goals.
- Responsible for maintenance of customer trucks and Williams Automotive fleet.
- Troubleshoot and complete repairs to all aspects and systems of the truck.
- Work closely with service writers and service manager.
- Keep correct documentation of all parts used, type diagnosis, and services performed in the repair order.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and performing repairs.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Operations vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Follows written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications.
- Responsible for following safety practices and procedures.
Must own a personal level of tool inventory, we will supply some specialty tools.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 + years demonstrated medium or heavy-duty truck experience - all makes and models.
- Electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Must have strong customer service and documentation skills.
- Must be focused, motivated, and dependable with a positive attitude.
- CDL (Desirable).
Prefer a graduate of a Technical School where the skills were learned or have equivalent experience.